Our website uses a technology called “cookies” for the purpose of obtaining information on the use of the website, improving the user’s browsing experience and ensuring its proper functioning.
Definition of Cookie
A cookie is a small text file that websites send to the browser and that are stored on the user’s device (computer or mobile device). The purpose of these files is to store data that may be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for their installation. As such, each time a user visits the same website, the browser retrieves the file and sends it to the website server. Cookies serve several functions, including the gathering and recalling of information on user preferences and, in general, facilitating the use of the website and making it more useful by customising its content for each user.
Cookies can be classified on the basis of different parameters:
- Ownership: first-party and third-party cookies: depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and whether the gathered data is processed.
- Duration: session cookies and persistent cookies: according to the length of time that they remain stored on the user’s device.
- Purpose: technical cookies, customisation cookies, analysis cookies, advertising cookies, behavioural advertising cookies: according to the purpose for which the gathered data is processed.
- Technical cookies: These cookies enable users to browse the website or application, as well as to use the various options or services that exist on the site. Examples include controlling the traffic and notification of data, identifying the session or accessing resticted areas of the website.
- Customisation cookies: They allow users to access the service with some general features predefined in their terminal or defined by users. For example, the choice of language, the type of browser used to access the service or the selected contents design.
- Analysis cookies: These are cookies which, when processed by us or by third parties, enable us to calculate the number of users and, accordingly, statistically analyse the use made of the provided service by users. As such, your browsing activity on our website is analysed with the goal of improving the products or services we provide.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies optimise efficiency in the management of the advertising spaces included by an editor in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided on the basis of criteria such as the published content or the frequency with which the adverts are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies optimise the management of any advertising spaces that the editor has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. They store information on users’ behaviour, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which enables a customised profile to be developed in order to display advertisements accordingly.
Cookies used on our website
Our website uses first-party cookies, which are sent to your computer and handled exclusively by us in order to improve the functioning of the website, and third party cookies, which serve to learn more about the interaction of users with our website.
Our website uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies store data only while the user accesses the website, whereas persistent cookies store data on the user’s device in order for it to be accessed and used on more than one session.
Specifically, the cookies used on our website are as follows:
The first-party cookies we use on our website are technical cookies related to programming and browsing security, essential for the functioning of the website, as well as customisation cookies in order to recall the choice of browsing language.
§ Generates a unique user identifier, which is used to count how many times a user visits the site, as well as the date of the first and last time the user visited the website.
§ Records the date and time of access.
§ Checks the need to keep the user session open or create a new one.
§ Identifies the user session in order to collect the approximate geographical location of the computer accessing the site for statistical purposes.
|_ga: 2 years
_gid: 24 hours
_gat: 1 minute
§ Registers a unique identification in mobile devices in order to enable tracking based on the geographical location of the GPS.
PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC:
§ Stores user preferences, identify them during viewing of YouTube videos, and customise ads.
|GPS: 10 minutes
PREF: 2 years
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: 9 months
YSC: 1 minute
§ Quantifies number of users who share certain content and records how many pages are visited as a result of this action.
In order to obtain more information on the cookies of this third party, users may click on the link associated with the cookie name.
Finally, plug-in cookies are also used to exchange social content.
By browsing and continuing to use our website, users consent to the use of the aforementioned cookies, for the aforementioned periods and in accordance with the terms and conditions listed in the present Cookies Policy.
Withdrawal of consent
Users may at any time withdraw their consent in respect of this Cookies Policy, removing the cookies stored on their device by using the settings and tools of their browser.
Adjusting cookie settings
Users may restrict, block or delete cookies from any website through their browser. Each browser functions differently. As such, please click on the following links to find out how to adjust settings:
- Internet Explorer
- Windows Phone
Furthermore, you can also manage the storage of cookies on your browser through tools such as those listed below:
- Your online choices
This website may modify its Cookies Policy. As such we recommend reviewing this policy each time you access our website in order to be fully informed of the use we make of cookies.
Date of latest update: 27 September 2018