Blanes, a port town with strong fishing, industrial and tourism sectors, was already the largest town in Selva by the 19th century. Despite the far-reaching transformations that have taken place since the mid-20th century, the heritage produced during that extremely active period, in particular the legacy left by the indianos, who had made their fortune in America, is one of the town’s important attractions.
- Can Massó (pg, de Dintre, 2). Built as a dowry for Felissa Massó, daughter of the indiano Salvador Massó. Private.Veure ubicació aquí (41° 40′ 22″ N, 2° 47′ 27″ E)
- Casa del Poble (pg. de Dintre, 18). IAn important cultural, leisure and political centre during the Second Spanish Republic, this three-storey building with two façades (Pg. de Dintre and Pg. Cortils i Vieta) features elaborate decorations in relief on doors and windows, as well as a gallery with columns on the upper floor. Public facility/shop premises.Veure ubicació aquí (41° 40′ 24″ N, 2° 47′ 30″ E)
- Ca la Teresina Savoia (pg. de Dintre, 26). Built in 1903 and also known as Can Tordera, it boasts a façade with elaborate decorative motifs in stone and a circular bay window on the corner crowned by a dome. Private. Veure ubicació aquí (41° 40′ 25″ N, 2° 47′ 30″ E)
- Ca l’Orench (c/ Ample, 34). The most important feature of this building, dating from 1926, is the neo-baroque doorway, an unusual style in the county. Private. Shop on the ground floor. Veure ubicació aquí (41° 40′ 31″ N, 2° 47′ 28″ E)
- Can Gallet (c/ Esperança, 14). Built in 1898 by Bonaventura Puig Torrent, Mayor of Blanes at the time, who had made his fortune in Cuba. Private. Veure ubicació aquí (41° 40′ 31″ N, 2° 47′ 39″ E)
- Casa Saladrigas (pg. Maestrança, 78 – c/ Esperança, 48). Building in the noucentista style. It boasts a combination of straight-edged and curved apertures. The corner balconies with intricate wrought-iron railings are remarkable. Public facility. Veure ubicació aquí (41° 40′ 33″ N, 2° 47′ 45″ E)
- Casa Burcet (c/ Roig i Jalpí, 3). Striking elements include the sgraffito work on the façade, in the form of a grid with rhomboid motifs, and the sgraffito decoration of the corner window on the main floor. Private. Veure ubicació aquí (41° 40′ 29″ N, 2° 47′ 35″ E)
- Escola de la Salut (c/ Sta. Bàrbara 1-3). School building constructed in the late 19th century. Its most outstanding feature is the crenellated central tower. School.
- Chapel and Hospital of Sant Jaume (c/ Mn. Jaume Arcelós, 1). Hospital building in the modernist style formed by three pavilions, with the Chapel of Sant Jaume at the centre. The bare-brick window surrounds, corners and cornices with intricate decorations are particularly striking. Healthcare facility. Veure ubicació aquí (41° 40′ 33″ N, 2° 47′ 13″ E)
- Mar i Murtra Botanic Garden (pg. Carles Faust). In addition to the obvious interest of the garden itself and its setting, it also boasts interesting architectural elements, such as the house-pergola at the entrance and the Linnaeus temple, perched on a cliff top overlooking the sea. Open to the general public. Veure ubicació aquí (41° 40′ 36″ N, 2° 48′ 07″ E)
- Pinya de Rosa Botanic Garden (camí de Santa Cristina). The horticultural wealth and interest of the garden is combined harmoniously with the distribution of its paths and the building that constitutes the focal point of the site, designed by R. Duran i Reynals. Open to the general public. Veure ubicació aquí (41° 41′ 06″ N, 2° 48′ 38″ E)