Chapel of Les Alegries
In January 1079 the Bishop of Girona travelled to Lloret, where, alongside Sicardis, ruler of this feudal territory, he consecrated the chapel of the Castle of Sant Joan and the Parish Church of Sant Romà. However, the original parish church of Lloret was not the one in the town centre, dating from the 16th century, but rather the Chapel of Les Alegries, located in the outskirts of the town.
As such, from 1079 to 1522 the Chapel of Les Alegries was the Parish Church of Sant Romà in Lloret. Following its change in status, it underwent significant alterations between the 17th and 20th centuries. In fact, all that remains of the building consecrated in the 11th century is the bell tower.