Sant Esteve de Massanes
In the 18th century, alterations were carried out on the Parish Church of Sant Esteve de Massanes, which was in a very bad state of repair. A new façade was built at the west end, along with a bell tower at the south end, four side chapels and a sacristy.
However, one element that was left untouched was the apse, at the east end, an 11th-century Romanesque semicircular construction with two windows and decorated with Lombard bands. As such, we can still admire a significant part of the original parish church of Massanes, which is mentioned for the first time in a document from 1093 and which offers a commanding view of the Tordera Valley and the neighbouring town of Hostalric.