Sant Pere de Martorell
Originally Sant Pere de Martorell was a small Romanesque church that seems to have been destroyed. The first mention of the church dates back to 1185, as a possession of the monastery of Breda.
Between 1830 and 1840 the current building was constructed, in the wake of a cholera epidemic that devastated these lands. At that time, the people of Martorell decided to build a church under the patronage of Saint Peter, in which they also dedicated an altar to the image of Saint Sebastian, to plead for his protection against disease.
The building has a cruciform shape and a Baroque façade. The square bell tower turns octagonal at the top. As for the interior, it is worth mentioning the Baroque pictorial mural. Along with the main saints (Peter, Anthony and Isidro), there is an iconographic ensemble formed by the evangelists, Christ, the Holy Spirit, Peter and the angels. The interior decoration consists of pilasters with gilded Corinthian capitals which double in the form of six columns around the altar. The ceiling is painted a lapis lazuli blue with gold stars. Near the church, in addition to a small graveyard, is the rectory and the so-called casa de l’escola.